This is how we define a Local Independent Business:
- The majority of the business’ ownership is private, by employees, the community, or an area cooperative, and is resident to the community in which it’s based.
- Decision-making authority is vested in the local owners and not subject to conditions dictated remotely.
- The business has a limited number of outlets and geographic range. Full decision-making function for the business is held by the local owner(s), including the name, signage, brand, appearance, purchasing, etc.
- The business is not supported by a national marketing budget from a corporate office. The business is solely responsible for paying its own rent, marketing, and other expenses.
- The business relies solely on its unique name and reputation (ie, does not “wear” a regionally or nationally recognized brand name)
- The business operates out of a physical storefront, local office or similar. It is not a vendor (ie, does not sell wholesale).
The better the deal the more prominent it will be with our promotion of your business and it will be accessed by more of our members. Our most popular deals are BOGO or 50% Off specials for retail businesses, and 15% and more or “Free with a purchase of”with our F&B businesses.
A deal must run for a minimum of 3 months but understand you control your deal. At anytime you would like to update your deal, change days, times, values you can do so.
Yes. It makes sense since you control your deal. Setting it up for a year saves you from hearing from us to renew. You can remove your deal at any time if you’re getting TOO BUSY with FUNPASS members (would that be so bad?)